Controllers of Personal Information
What Personal Information About Customers Does Gloshop India Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Gloshop India. We use your information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Gloshop India or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Gloshop India on other Web sites. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Gloshop India if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Gloshop India to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as Recommended for You, personalised advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Gloshop Associates with content served by Gloshop India) and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Cookies from third-party trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners collect:
- Information regarding specific browsing sessions on Gloshop India to learn about users’ product preferences in the interest of improving out product offering and providing users with information and advertisements relevant to them. We use two third-party products to collect and process this data: Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels. Google Analytics is provided by Google LLC and their privacy and data policies can be found at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/ and https://policies.google.com/privacy. Specifically, as Gloshop India is a partner site, details of Google’s use of your data can be found at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. Similarly, Facebook Pixel is provided by Facebook; their privacy and data policies can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
Does Gloshop India share the Information it receives?
- Affiliated Parties We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses and individuals. In some cases, these businesses sell offerings to you at Gloshop India. In other cases, we provide services jointly with or on behalf of these businesses and/or individuals. We may share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Gloshop customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. In addition, we are working towards maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements” but do not comply entirely with the standard at this time.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. The third-party advertisements are run using Google’s advertising products. More details regarding how Google processes you data can be found at https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
What Information Can I Access?
Gloshop India gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Gloshop India for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Gloshop India features.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to personalise advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Gloshop India?
Use of Gloshop India is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use Gloshop India only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at Gloshop India, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through Gloshop India or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries, provide and rate Reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews; the personal description in Your Profile; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by Gloshop India; search results and links, including paid listings; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Gloshop India include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password) and recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites).
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
Address: Glosel India Impex Pvt Ltd
150 Anna Salai, 1st Floor Agurchand Mansion
Chennai 600002 Tamil Nadu